Sunday, August 23, 2009
Foodless in Manila
ASDC Manila is in 15 days, (thanks to my nifty ASDC Countdown widget that you can find resting neatly on my sidebar to the right) and it hasn't even struck me till like a few days ago, that the whole week I'll be debating there is strategically placed in Ramadhan! D: gaaasp...

For those of you who don't know, Ramadhan is a holy month in the Islamic calender, where all muslims (or more like: all Muslims who give a damn) fast for the entire month. Fasting is basically NOT eating (yes, NOT as in the opposite of YES) from the crack of dawn till the time of Maghrib, which is around 6 o'clockish in the evening. It's somewhat a form of self cleansing they say. A religious ritual that rests our digestive system and cleanses us of shit and past sins, which us Muslims do each year. And guess what? I'm one of em! So I am officially not going to eat from dusk till dawn the WHOLE week competing at ASDC!

I know right...

*sigh*

(and yes, this time only one sigh. Being that fasting is a religious activity I wouldn't wanna offend anybody by looking as if I'm complaining, which I'm not ;P. So relax people, nothing to see here. Move along now.)

I just can't imagine not having anything to eat the whole time there. Well, I suppose we get to eat after Maghrib, but still yknow, us fat debaters kinda need our fuel here...

And to think we'll see the other teams from all across Asia getting to eat. Eating all the local delicacies that Manila has to offer. I can imagine their faces. Eating. Stuffing their faces. Filling up their tummies. While us who can't eat just stare at em with drops of drool dripping from the corner of our mouths.


Yeah kinda like this gorilla over here.

But oh well, I'll just have to grow a pair and deal with it. I mean, who knows? Maybe food might turn out to actually be my downfall? Maybe, just maybe, I'd be better off without food? Team Indonesia might end up winning the whole damn competition running on no food. If that happens, HA! EAT THAT GORILLAS! Or like Marshanda would say, "Makan niiiiiih!"

But if it doesnt (...)


I know right...Yes, this again. (but seriously though, I can't get enough of this cat :D)

So to end this post that I wrote purely out of boredom (and hunger I guess) all I have to say is....

Feed me :'(

p.s. Pray I don't faint while giving a speech ya. Also pray so I wont make others faint. I mean, being that I'm going to be fasting and all, only God knows how bad my breath is gonna smell like.

Toodles :)
1 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
G'day Irfan. I stumbled onto your blog after searching for a funny surprised cat pic, it's sooo funny and cute! Thanks!

Hope everything went well at your debating championship. :)

Post a Comment

Older Posts